Registered Venues

As a registered venue you have a duty of care to all those participating in the sport and visitors. A club must do all it reasonably can to reduce or eliminate loss, damage or injury to others and it may be held legally liable to others if it fails to do so.

Cover has been arranged for LTA registered venues that are members' clubs, however commercial centres and Local Authority venues should arrange their own insurance cover. (See FAQs for further details).

Cover for registered places to play includes:

  • Public Liability insurance - protects the club and its committee against a claim made against you following loss, damage or injury to someone else or their property. Cover is provided by Hiscox and other insurers up to a maximum limit of £60m.
  • Employers' Liability insurance - covers the club, or committee if held liable for an injury that an employee suffers during the course of employment. The policy includes injuries to volunteers and the maximum limit of cover is £10million. This is a legal requirement for any place to play that employs people. Cover is provided by Hiscox.
  • Director's & Officer's insurance - all club committee members have a personal liability for any claim that is made against the club for breach of duty to a maximum of £1m any one claim/per policy year. D&O cover is provided by Hiscox, to protect club officials and committee members. If you feel your venue should arrange a higher limit of cover please contact Howden to discuss your requirements and arrange a quotation.  Examples of breach of duty include:
    • Mismanagement of club finances
    • Breach of fire safety regulations
    • Corporate manslaughter
          A copy of the Directors and Officers policy schedule can be viewed here

LTA Legal and Tax Helpline

The LTA’s specialist legal and tax helpline, operated by a leading commercial law firm, can provide valuable guidance and advice on business-related topics for clubs and coaches, including the following:

  • Governance and Incorporation
  • Contracts
  • Tax Treatment and Advice
  • Employment Law
  • Property Law
  • Disciplinary and Safeguarding Regulations
  • Data Protection & GDPR

To access support from the Legal & Tax helpline, you simply need to call 03330 433 232 and quote your LTA Registration or Coach Accreditation number.

NB. For insurance relatd queries please call 0121 698 8003 or email

Property and contents insurance for your tennis club

Did you know Howden can also provide property and contents insurance for your club? 

Howden’s new platform allows you to customise and purchase a policy for your tennis club online in under 5 minutes.  This can include cover for your:

  • Clubhouse and contents
  • Equipment
  • Tennis courts 

To get a quote for LTA endorsed protection from Howden, visit

As an added bonus: any club that has completed their risk assessment will receive a 5% discount on their premium.